Subframe, Aluminium, RGV250 VJ21, Assy
This lightweight aluminium subframe replaces the heavy steel scaffolding that Suzuki saw fit to inflict on the VJ21 and is idea for a race or modified street bike. The VJ21 is a light and agile bike and it is a pity that it is encumbered with all this weight at the rear of the bike which becomes redundant once you convert to single seat. All that is really needed is a lightweight subframe to support:
- The rear fender
- Attachment for the radiator surge tank.*
* The surge tank is now accessed from the inside without the need to remove the race seat cowling should any top up be required. Alternatively, an aftermarket surge tank such as this can be installed (BPAC-1002)
With a single seat cowling, access to the autolube reservoir is hindered so we simplified the subframe so:
- No passenger seat support area
- No passenger pegs and mounting hangers
- No autolube reservoir and mounting hardware.
- No exhaust silencer mounts
Note that we are in the process of making an alternative suitable autolube reservoir kit and exhaust silencer mounting stays.
This product is made in-house in TYGA and all hand fabricated and precision welded for a race inspired and lightweight product, finished in high quality satin black powercoating and Includes all mounting hardware to mount subframe and undertray. The difference in weight is 0.54kg compared to 2.1kg for the stock one, so a whopping 1.56kg lighter!
Optional products which can be used in combination with this subframe
- BPSY-0276 Mudflap
- TYLY-0251 Coolant Reservoir Fitting Kit