TYGA MC 21 Power-Up Kit
The above graphs show the difference between a stock MC21, and the same MC21 five hours and a few TYGA parts later.
This was the test procedure:
1. Wire splice. This is fully documented in our MC21 wire splice section
2. TYGA SS pipes with aluminium silencers. Shown below compared to stock and wire splice.
3. Aluminium silencers back-to-back with C/K silencers. No differences here.
4. TYGA SS pipes back-to-back with TYGA GP pipes, both wearing C/K silencers. GP pipes give better power all the way up
This established the TYGA GP pipes and the wire splice to be a good enough combination to jump from a stock 46.6hp up to 58.7hp at peak values in 4th gear, with over 25hp gained at peak in 6th gear!
5. TYGA GP pipes with C/K silencers compared to the same but with TYGA Hi -Flo reed valves fitted. Better midrange, higher peak power and more over-rev.
6. TYGA Hi-Flo reeds with stock petals against TYGA Hi-Flo reeds with carbon petals. Even more midrange and peak power.
7. And finally... The best of the rest compared with some small airbox mods and a little rejetting (#150 mains). A very slight loss of midrange, but a huge jump in peak power and over-rev.
So there you have it!
From a stock 46.6hp, up to a peak of 63.7hp. That's a 36.7% increase in power and a very realistic top speed of over 125mph. Not too bad for an afternoon's work!
Parts needed are as follows: